View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 05:09 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosca30 View Post
I'm in the process of writing a rather big non-fiction book straight in Sigil, but am being hindered by a couple of behaviours:
Sigil is primarily an editor not an authoring tool. You may want to consider writing your book with a word processor or a dedicated authoring tool.

Quote:
I work in code mode, but there is sometimes a significant response time for my edits to be processed; more annoying, even a simple selection seem to take time.
This usually only happens if the whole book is a single .html file. You may want to consider splitting it up in chapters using Split Markers. This will greatly improve the responsiveness of Sigil.

Quote:
I use a default stylesheet in order to do consistent styles definitions for the whole document, especially to integrate fonts. But each time I re-generate the HTML TOC, the connection with the default stylesheet is lost. Is there a way to make it permanent?
AFAIK, the styles in the default TOC style-sheet (sgc-toc.css) are hard-coded. However, you can add TOC styles to your main stylesheet and link TOC.xhtml to it.

Quote:
At this stage, I need to reorganize the titles and their content quite often. How can I do without having to cut and paste code from one location to another of the document?
AFAIK, only dedicated authoring tools have this feature, which is one more reason to use Sigil only for fine-tuning the books that they create.

Last edited by Doitsu; 11-24-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote