View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #24
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
"author_sort" or "authors"

Hi together,

I'm trying to handle collections on my new PW2 (had 3,5yrs with a Sony and Calibre, which was a good match).

Now while collections are very easy with Kindle Collections plugin and LS on the PW2, there are two things I'm not able to solve without help...
  1. Order of books inside and outside collections: When I pick sort by "Author" on the Kindle, it orders the books by firstname, which I find rather ridiculous How can I make the Kindle sort by lastname? In calibre, the library is tagged perfectly with one exception, author (Crichton, Michael) and author_sort (Crichton, Michael)... But shouldn't it use author_sort anyway? Also, on the Kindle, the authors are displayed like "Michael Crichton".
  2. Is the update metadata on device function not working with the PW2? If I change a tag in Calibre, I can't get the Kindle to recognize the change without deleting and re-transfering the book.
Thanks for any ideas
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote