View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #144
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
You wrote "whatever their OCR spits out".
As per Google's definition, OCR lets you convert images with text into text documents using automated computer algorithms.
And my question was: Why do you assume, pirates would handle images, thus needing OCR, instead of processing the digital files that usually exist already.
Maybe there are copy protections that can't be cracked yet. But even then it would be more efficient and accurate quality-wise, to process the digital data. Manually in the worst case. Still better and faster than OCR.

If they have an ebook, they don't need to convert to EPUB for some ridiculous advocacy-of-the-EPUB.

THEREFORE I MUST HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE CASE WHERE THEY DON'T HAVE THE EBOOK, when I mentioned OCR.

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote