View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #92
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Yes exactly a strawman. The failed attempt at humor from you. Trying to make ridiculous mentioning Hitler by how much he loved his perfect german dogs. He loved them so much that in the end he euthanized them by poisoning? Just like he was so kind to human beings by euthanizing them. Please, give me a break.

The only good thing about Hitler that comes to my mind is that he did not reproduce.
Nope, not a strawman. Strawman is claiming someone said something that they didn't, and then use that to prove what you claim they said is wrong.

TimW said "Yes, Wylie automatically loses. There is nothing I could say that could be considered an ad hominem against Andrew Wylie when he administered the coup de grāce against himself with that foul statement."

Which is, of course, the pure definition of ad hominem, i.e. claiming the point is wrong because of who said it. Thus, I point out that even the person that he pointed to by invoking Godwin's law wasn't always wrong.

As far as saying that Hitler couldn't have loved his dogs because he killed them before committing suicide, well that's pretty obviously wrong. We hear of murder-suicides where parents kill their children, husbands kill their wives, etc.. on a regular basis. It's very common for someone to kill the things they love before killing themselves.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote