View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Here is an interesting idea.

Perhaps you could crack the format of the Kindle .mbp1/.azw3r/.azw3f files, extract an up-to-date listing of kindle annotations, and convert it to-from a plaintext representation to keep in a custom column. That would allow syncing annotations between Kindle devices at least, without resorting to My Clippings.txt -- which is nice in terms of listing annotations, but would be even nicer if it was incorporated into the book itself.

I think the annotations plugin would really benefit from some serious work done in that area, but no one seems to be interested. (Including me sadly though I would be grateful for anyone else's efforts.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote