View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
IseeDeadPeople
IseeDeadPeople began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Exclamation

Hi davidform,

thanks for your precious informations...

I was also thinking that the Kobo may have some way of recognizing the SD card actually inserted, so that if we change card, the Kobo knows about it. And I think this is because when we format an SD card (or any other device), a unique "Volume ID" is given to it. Kobo may read this Volume ID and store it in the DB, as HEX numbers. Am I right to think like that?

So, I have a backup of my old "external" SD card on my computer, and also, a backup of the "internal" card. So, after opening the Kobo eReader.conf file, here are the only instances of HEX numbers in there :
[ApplicationPreferences]
B45F0B8C=true
BrightnessOpenCount=-1
C94709E6=true

I do have the KoboReader.sqlite file as well. I'm on Linux, so I open this file with "DBeaver", a Database Manager. I found out that in the table "content", I can see the last book title I was reading. When I scroll a bit on the right in the data, there's a field named "ExternalId", and the content is this : "C94709E6". This may be the HEX number we are looking for?

The problem is, the "Bookmark" table seems to be completely empty Is this the table where I should find my annotations and highlights?
IseeDeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote