View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #246
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@AnotherCat - I presume you know jimbo45 then - eh?

BR
No I don't know him BR.

But if he can come up with a method to open a Store App from Calibre's Open With plugin, and have that Store App automatically open an eBook without coding Calibre, the plugin or the App itself (that is even if it is then possible), I'm very happy to hear of it.

When I had looked at this and arrived at the apparent dead end quite some time back, I decided for myself it was not worth pursuing any more. I am just simply passing on what I found, others are welcome to persevere. But as seen below I would see no need to implement it for myself and so no need to perservere.

Marty_B's Calibre Viewer App, which I linked to earlier and where there is some discussion as to how it works, has come along and pretty much displaced the need for Calibre's Open With plugin to open a book with a Store App for me.

Calibre Viewer is not dependant on Calibre running and so pretty much makes the need for the Calibre Open With plugin redundant if one wants to use a Store App reader to read a book in a Calibre database. One just runs Calibre Viewer, select the book wanted from the Calibre database and it will open it in one's default reading application (that application may be a Store App or a desktop one, it will open either).

Furthermore, if one wants Calibre running as well, say while selecting books for its Editor and so having Editor running too, and then checking them in an eBook Reader Store App or desktop application so having one of those running too, then there is no problem as all 4 applications will run happily together and one can just flip between them as desired having them arranged on the screen(s), taskbar or background as one desires.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 10-29-2014 at 09:09 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote