View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
IseeDeadPeople
IseeDeadPeople began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unhappy Help! I lost all my highlights after changing SD card

Hi,

I really need

I had a 32GB SD card in my Kobo Aura, with some generic books (ePubs) I found on the internet. I never bought any book on Kobo, and I never will. So all the books I have are on my external SD card. I read a couple of these books, and for each book I always like to highlight text, and add some annotations when needed.

Everything was working fine (I had access to my annotations/hightlights/etc) until I decided to swap my SD card. I'm prudent, so I decided to plug the old SD card into my computer to grab ALL content in there, and store it in my PC in a temporary folder, so that I can re-copy the exact same content onto the new SD card.

Then, I plugged the new SD card, and I put the data (previously stored in my PC) back in place. The same folders are on the new SD card.

YES, I have access to the exact same books as before. Only thing is, I lost all my highlights/annotations!!! Where are they? Another (major) problem, is that I already formatted the previous SD card, so I need to forget about this one.

My question is : Where are the highlights/annotations/bookmarks stored, when we read books that are stored (only) on the external SD card?

Note : I already looked in my temporary folder on my PC, for .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite file, and it seems like I have no annotations/highlights in there
IseeDeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote