View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #61
POOT
POOT began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stysis View Post
I had the exact problem described by Zirowe at the start of this thread and was looking for a solution and came across what seems to be the best option so far from tccsargent posted 09-21-2013.

When I first came across it I was reluctant to try it for 3 reasons: I had hastily thrown out my old cracked screen; it wasn't a major problem as I could still read books, only images were corrupted; and I didn't want to have to reinstall the hacks I had so much fun with after a factory reset.

But then I got thinking... If a restart will bring back the bad waveform, why wouldn't a restart install the good waveform?

So I opened my sons Kindle to try this with his screen and bingo! it worked beautifully.

A simple restart rather than a factory reset did the job for me.

Thanks to all whose wisdom I have benefited from. I've been having lots of fun with my Kindle 3 over the last few days, learning heaps from this wonderful forum about how it works and what can be done with it.

Cheers.
This works! Grayscale restored, and now I can read my PDF's without losing my nice screensavers!

Thanks a million for fixing broken kindle 3 screen replacement.

(hopefully that directs some googlers here!)

For those just reading this post now: Once you've installed your new screen, keep the back cover off....unplug your new screen, plug in your old broken screen and reset. Once your kindle starts back up (give it a minute or two), just plug your new screen back in, and it should be running great.

THanks guys.

Last edited by POOT; 10-18-2014 at 09:53 AM.
POOT is offline   Reply With Quote