View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #20
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimaPrince View Post
Thanks.

And oh wow. Changing a few days into NaNo? If they're aiming to have the new work meet the 50,000 and not count the previous work they'd have a lot of catchup to do. I believe you need a bit over 1,700 words each day to meet the 50,000. Which is doable, but the trick is if you miss a day, you have to make up that word count. That's over 3,000 words in a day if you missed one day.
Yep. the minimum words per day is 1,667 actually though if someone can get 2,000 words a day they can do it in 25 days (but that's probably tricky to manage too). And like you said if you miss a day you have that much more to do to catch up. I crossed the 50k line once on day 28 back in 2009 and it wasn't easy. You can put yourself under a lot of stress very easily if you fall behind. Someday I have to still go back and see if my project from then can be salvaged. It still had some loose ends to tie up among other things I think last time I checked.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote