View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #45
luby
luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boeye T62
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I rebooted last night and this morning when I checked BetterBatteryStats 75% of battery was used by rtc_hym8563 keeping it awake so rebooting doesn't seem to get rid of the problem. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I am on the E653 rom if that makes a difference.
When using Android based e-readers, we must understand that there is no 'silver bullet' for getting the impressive battery stats in 'sleep' or 'screen off' mode. In this mode the OS still works, albeit less than when actively used. Compare this with Kindle or Kobo - when they are in 'sleep' mode, they don't do anything else (as they are not designed for anything else).

Whether Android develops further in such a direction where a proper 'sleep' mode is designed, which would hibernate the state of the system remains to be seen.

Anyway, I managed to improve the battery stats on my T62 by installing the Power Button app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erbutton&hl=en) and configuring it in the notifications area (HUD was just too unreliable). This allows me to power off the device properly as if I kept on/off button for 3 seconds, thus saving the physical button from wearing down. Apart from other power optimisation apps/tricks mentioned in this and other threads, powering off the device is the only way to go the distance without recharging when you're on holiday.

You could also enable the timed shutdown from the settings of the stock standard device - The minimum timeout is 20 minutes. I did not test as I prefer to use the Power Button app, but if I understand it correctly, if you enable this setting, it will shut down automatically after 20 minutes of no use.
luby is offline   Reply With Quote