View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #66
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm not sure if the firmware ever read the publisher from sideloaded books. If it ever did, it stopped a long time ago. Downloaded kepubs do have the publishing details. If you had them before for sideloaded books, you probably used my Kobo Utilities plugin to set the extra metadata.
On sideloaded epubs it looked like this:
Code:
Publisher:
The actual data (publisher name) never was there. Which is strange as this is build-in in stock Adobe Reader Mobile software. Just as the ISBN number, which Kobo also has removed from the book details.

My previous bug report:
Book details: metadata publisher and ISBN not displayed

Note: I don't use any plugin to sideload epubs. I simply drag and drop the book. If the publisher name or any other metadata tag is displayed when using a plugin, well then there is still a bug in this firmware release.

This ancient reader (Qisda ES600, 2010) simply displays all enclosed metadata (all dc tags), it ignores unofficial metadata such as Calibre metadata tags.
This device was released under various brandnames but contained the same stock firmware. The main difference is the branding, these images are hardcoded into the firmware. Improvements to the firmware were rolled out to all vendors who sold these devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	127441   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	127442  

Last edited by Anak; 08-29-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote