View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Understanding English Bible Translation: The Case for an Essentially Literal Approach by Leland Ryken is $.79 at Christianbook. It doesn't seem to be on sale anywhere else and Christianbook often puts books on sale just for a day.

The book is published by Crossway, publishers of the ESV Bible. The ESV was translated using an essentially literal approach.
Thanks, Difflugia, for the posting that you do on this thread.

This is a super deal on this book. It's rated 4 1/2 stars at Amazon. Christianbook and Amazon says that it lists for $9.99, so $.79 is a 92% reduction in price. I bought the ebook a couple of months ago at $1.99 and thought that I was getting a bargain. I'll console myself with the fact that it is in the Kindle/mobi format, where this one is ePub. I might even buy the ePub, too, since it is so inexpensive. It would save the hassle of conversion if sometime in the future I decided that I wanted ePub for some reason.