View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
am9
am9 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Thanks Lukas! What you are asking of requires modification of every app. I've modified coolreader3 and I'm very happy with the results. I'm spending 80% of time reading with it and 20% in news reader/web browser so the rest is not very important for me. Changing web browser to page based is too hard probably. So for now I'm not planning to make more UI changes.

I never tried dual boot. Also I don't have kobo glo (but kobo touch) - that's why I didn't setup front light. And kill me but I like the blinking LED - it's an indicator if the device is really sleeping for me.

However, the changes in v2 version should be compatible with all changes proposed for v1 by other people - including dual boot, turning off LED and installing software for front light. Please try to do it yourself - you should succeed.

Yes, Kobo Service 2.0 is newer version of Kobo Rotate service. You need only one. It communicates with modified kernel and to make it fully working you need to upgrade the kernel, too (copy image bytes from 0x100000 - 0x6FFFF0).

No, sorry. It's working for am9 on Kobo Glo. Maybe try again with different SD card? In which moment is it rebooting? Do you see booting animation? If yes, you can connect it to PC to USB port and look at logcat logs ("adb logcat" command during booting).

Thanks! I was hoping it will allow me to play games but unfortunately my implementation is too slow
Hi Marek,with the help of friends and my study, dual boot , led and front light is OK like v1, after run v2 a few days,I like the kobo service very much, it is a very useful app for improving the screen display. but the 4 flash mode integrate in 1 menu ,I feel a little bit inconvenience, I suggest every flash mode(especially the reading mode) can independent on a single app, so i can link it to the button savor ,such as"call" key, and every time I want to change th flash mode ,just push the call key,and no more selection ,that is will become perfect! thank you !
am9 is offline   Reply With Quote