Thread: Onyx Boox i86
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:06 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
IR touch screen means - there is no additional touch layer, which could lower contrast ratio. I can confirm that black on IR touch screen looks quite darker than on screen with capacitive touch (even on last improved modification of capacitive layer)
I must respectfully disagree. The capacitive touch screen is not so much a physical "layer" as a chemical coating on the screen, and is completely transparent. It should really have no visible impact on the screen contrast. The reason that almost all manufacturers have switched from IR touch screens back to capacitive ones, is that capacitive touch screens are more accurate and reliable. Onyx are rather an anomaly in switching the other way!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote