View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Now that sounds neat. So if I've got a bunch of, say, <span class="italic"> or <div class="reallyaparagraph">, I could use this to switch those over to proper <i> and <p class="reallyaparagraph"> throughout the book without having to worry about nesting issues?
Exactly. That's the plan anyway.

Quote:
And to hearken back to my own recent project, is it able to remove attributeless spans or (hope, hope) join adjacent identical spans?
Yes to the first (one of my main uses, in fact), but unfortunately, no to the last. I can definitely see the merit in that, though. Would have to see if I can wrap my head around it.

Quote:
Any chance of expanding that to handle IN as well? And are you using the canonical "2.54 cm = 1 in = 6em = 72 pt" conversion, or something else?
That's definitely in the ball park of what I'm doing, but I'll be honest ... someone gave me what they wanted (cm x 2.37106301584 = em) and I rolled with it. IN wouldn't be hard to add, though. I'd probably just need to add a gui to allow choosing the input dimension type. Right now, it only parses css files (long or short hand notation). It doesn't do style sections in the xhtml files yet. Simple css and @page rules, it should be able to handle. It won't be able to delve into @media rules, though.