View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #89
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrobot View Post
I'm curious about this hack.
If it's really doing what I think it is-- it's worth it to buy a KOBO in order to be able to do it!

Can anyone tell me why the debian installation is made a chroot environent rather than just running a normal root environment? Is it because there are two different linux environments running and the hack tries to hide the default one?

. . .
Debian is inside a chroot just so you can still use the default Kobo UI. The kernel is stored on the internal SD card on the Glo, Mini, and newer Touch models. Multi-touch is possible on the Glo, Mini, Touch, and Aura HD with a custom kernel. As for how reliable the touch screen is, I couldn't say. The Kobo interface does miss touches every now and then, but I don't know if that's the fault of the screen or of Kobo's software.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote