View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #192
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Wow, Mini, reading through your thread is thrilling! I didn't know it until now, and have been working widely on my own. As I like mostly editing ebooks, creating cover images has so far not been my favourite hobby (but perhaps ... becoming soon). So I have, in the first range, been looking for covers that look sufficiently pretty and .. are quick to be produced. So, actually, I'm working with simpkle tools:
  • A photo editor (to define the dimensions, select a frame and first, simple effects, such as texture)
  • MS Paint (further effects)
  • MS Powerpoint (or similar), for text effects.
See examples.
Can't say often enough how much I appreciate ANY feedback! And to see what others create (be it with my covers or with own creations)!

I'm just thrilled that I found a place for me here. This whole thing started with me, wanting my husband to cut some pictures to use for my fanfiction into the right size (didn't even know how to do THAT then, by now I know MS PAINT too). I wanted more since this little Plugin hooked me (totally all the 'Generate Cover Plugin' fold ).

My husband was wise enough to not even try, he knows me too well. Instead he showed me PIXLR and that is so far the only program I knew how to work. Nevertheless, with every cover I learn something more. Even making tutorials is a new challange for me because I didn't do something like that before this thread either.

I bought me by now a graphic-tablet, still tryng to find out how this damn thing works though (way too many functions). BUT I'm really dying to try something with it, just need a purpose.

Soooo, for every one out there (again... have said that ones or twice already) if you need help, search for something more specific as a cover etc.

I'm always open for inspiration, to give any help or create something and to answer any questions.

Last edited by MiniMouse; 07-28-2014 at 03:47 PM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote