View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 04:56 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoanbiscuit View Post
Hi, I use multiple Calibre libraries, one for fanfic, one for novels/books, and one for comics. Currently, I only use Calibre Companion for syncing my fanfic library from my PC to my phone and tablet. I'm thinking about using it to sync my other Calibre libraries, but so far I haven't found a way to do it. Am I just dumb or does CC only support syncing with one library?
CC syncs with whatever library calibre has open when you connect as a wireless device.

If your question is "does CC maintain multiple libraries" then the answer is no. Books sent from multiple calibre libraries are stored together in CC. If it is important to you to know which library a particular book came from then create the same custom column in each library and put the library name in it. The most automatic way to do this is to create a column "based on other columns" and use the template
Code:
{:'current_library_name()'}
You can add the new column to the grouping drawer by adding the lookup name of that column to the "make groups for custom columns" in settings.

EDIT: If you add the custom column and add it to CC's grouping drawer then a long press on a library name in the grouping drawer will act like selecting a virtual library in calibre. You will see only books from that library in CC, and can sort, group, or whatever on that subset.

Last edited by chaley; 07-27-2014 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Added long-press information
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote