View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
It's a difficult one to answer. Certainly the iLiad can take an age to turn pages, but I find that is usually for large, complex PDFs that I would never try on my Cybook.

I don't use mobipocket on the iliad much these days (but it is the format that I use most between the two), but I wouldn't say the speed is massively different. Slower? yes. Noticeably? yes (just). Troublingly? Not for me.

Also as the iliad display is larger, I need to do the refresh less often. That might be a factor to bear in mind.

I'm very happy with the Cybook for reading books (rather than textbooks or PDFs). If you're after something just for literature, rather than complex PDFs the Cybook should meet your needs.

Whereabouts are you in Switzerland? It might be worth seeing if there is anyone nearby who can show you one or other of them.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote