View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #19
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
...What you are working on is probably pretty decent text, but what some of us work on is OCRed junk, with hundreds of problems, so putting it off just means you lose your place.
In those cases with many errors I, for myself, find it much the easiest and quickest to run through the book with "Show misspelled words underlined in the code view" turned on rather than use the spellchecker window. A right click on the underlined word brings up suggested correct spellings for left click overwriting of the incorrect one, and then F8 (or selection from the right click context menu) will take one to the next spelling mistake; but if it is a case of a book stricken with many errors visible in one CV page I scroll manually to the next scanning visually for homophones and other trickies on the way (something one has to do anyway, sooner or later).

This is even my approach when using MSWord where one can edit in and out of the spell checker window with no issues at all; even there I find it very much quicker to run through an error strewn document via the squiggly red underlines than to traipse through using the spellchecker window.

In saying the above I recognise that everyone finds their own convenient zone for such things so only mention it in case it is of some use. Otherwise just regard or ignore it as being just information as to what someone who has been writing and editing documents on PCs for over 30 years now has found most convenient for himself, but has probably missed some shortcuts and developed bad habits along the way too.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 07-08-2014 at 06:08 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote