Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #14256
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Here are some nicknames associated with various British monarchs since 1066. One point for the monarch's regnal name (including the number), and one point for why he or she was given this nickname.

1. Lackland - King John, who as the youngest son was not expected to inherit any land. Doubleshuffle, 1 point; Pdurrant, 1 point.
2. The Sailor King - William the IV, who served in the Royal Navy. Kumabjorn, 1/2 point; PDurrant, 1.5 points.
3. Longshanks - Edward I, for his great height. Orlok, 2 points
4. Coeur de Lion - Richard I, for his courage in battle. Doubleshuffle, 1 point; Orlok, 1 point
5. Uncle of Europe - Edward VII, related to almost every other monarch in Europe thanks to his mother. Poohbear, 2 points
6. Beauclerc - Henry ? Poohbear, 1/2 point. Henry I, called Beauclerc in honour of his good education. As he was a younger son, his parents may have intended him to become a bishop.
7. Bloody Mary I, for her persecution of non-Catholics. Doubleshuffle, 1 point; Pdurrant, 1 point.
8. Curtmantle - Henry II. So-called for his preference for a short cloak. Bookpossum, 2 points.
9. Farmer George III, for his interest in agriculture. Pdurrant, 2 points.
10. Rufus - William II, for his ruddy complexion. Bookpossum, 1 point; Pdurrant, 1 point

Pdurrant: 6.5 points
Doubleshuffle: 3 points
Orlok: 3 points
Bookpossum: 3 points
Poohbear: 2.5 points
Kumabjorn: 1/2 point

Last edited by Shayne Parkinson; 07-08-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote