View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #29
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Correct.

Nook - no

Paperwhite - with a lot of effort, both initially and ongoing.

Kobo and Sony - initial effort to arrange settings in Calibre, after that, piece of cake.
I wouldn't say a lot of effort... but with Sony/Kobo there is no effort (after setup) and with Kindle you need to go through a simple, quick 2-minute process -- every single time.

There must be some way to rewrite the plugin as automatically managed. It probably wasn't done because manual intervention is still needed on the Kindle side... except it wasn't, on the older devices.... But you did need to reboot the Kindle, I guess.

I'd like to see, in the new version for >=Kindle Touch, an option to auto-check for the collections.json (it shouldn't be there except right after explicitly exporting from CM) and updating it from calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote