View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 03:45 AM   #14
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I'm in the UK too. So far I have bought all my books from Fictionwise and BooksOnBoard, both in the US. I have bought from Fictionwise in the formats: Secure Microsoft Reader (LIT), Secure Mobipocket (PRC) and Multiformat (which you can choose to download in LRF format - the native PR505 format.

The Secure Microsoft Reader (LIT) and Secure Mobipocket (PRC) are copy protected, so to convert them to LRF you first have to remove the copy protection (see other posts on how to do this), and then you can convert them (using Calibre) to LRF.

I would only remove copy protection to format shift purchased books, to make sure I have a file that I can reformat at a later date to some unknown format - who knows what formats future devices will support? I plan on keeping my purchased eBooks forever, and not have to buy them again just because I have upgraded to a new device.

Last edited by ShellShock; 11-09-2008 at 05:01 AM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote