Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #182
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphox View Post
its almost like it enters some automatic sleep mode from which it cant be waked up.
Actually, I once implemented an auto-sleep function in the Kobo Start Menu. However, I removed it. At least I thought so. I cannot exclude that it slipped into the code again, and I cannot check now, since I am on a trip and don't have the code with me. Anyway, if the device falls asleep, you should be able to wake it up with the power slider. But who knows!
We could make a little experiment, if you like, Add in .kobo/kbmenu/usersettings.txt the line
Code:
export kobomenuShowClock=true
Use a unix-style editor for editing. After rebooting, the menu will display a running clock. This way we can maybe get some information, whether the device is sleeping or the application is dead (clock does not run), or on the other hand whether it is awake/alive (clock does run) and for some reason does not register the touch imput. I don't know how much the clock increases the power consumption, but since your tests will not need more than some minutes each, we don't have to worry about it.

Last edited by tshering; 06-03-2014 at 09:23 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote