View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #705
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa View Post
I agree with you about the speed issue. Though Kobo claims that their readers can deal with 32GB external SD cards, in my experience they can deal with 3 or 4GB of contents on cards at most.

Some of the books I bought from Kobo are seriously huge... may be they have photos in there, which is why they are so big. I hope they will solve this issue eventually. The Kobos eReaders are simply not coping well with large amount of files. The Nooks I have do pretty well in comparison. After inserting a SD card loaded with books into a Kobo, it will take half a day to catalog the contents (I think that's what it's doing with a bar counting percentages), but do the same to a Nook ST and I can switch it on and start reading straightaway.
I opened up my 2 Kobo Minis yesterday and they both had 4gb cards in them, instead of 2. So I copied the image of one and wrote it to a 16gb card. The other one, I used software to extend the partition to use the whole card. Since then, I've been adding books to both. I just love the Mini. But the Aura is still the favorite, due to the light and the fact I can buy a slim snap on case.

I'm removing books from my Nook HD. I've gone back to preferring to read on Eink. I've got a Nook ST on the way to root and turn into a little eink tablet. I like to play with my toys

Last edited by booklover6; 05-27-2014 at 01:16 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote