View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #831
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Just finished up Devlin's Honor, the second in Patricia Bray's Sword of Change trilogy. I listened to the first, Devlin's Luck a few months ago, and have the third, in my queue on my iTouch. I read the series years ago when it first came out and enjoyed it a lot. While the reader for the audiobooks doesn't project the amount of personality that some of the top readers do, he does a good job. There is a huge difference between not being one of the top readers and being bad.

In general, I tend to try to alternate between tones of books that I listen to, a lighter book followed by a darker book. There isn't exactly a whole lot of comic relief in the Sword of Change trilogy.

Speaking of top readers, two of my favorite readers, Jim Marsters and Oliver Wyman have books coming up. Marsters is the reader of the Harry Dresden books and Wyman is the reader of the Monster Hunters books by Larry Correia as well as the Safehold series by David Weber and a host of other books.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote