View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #21
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
This is because the generic 'Kindle' entry applies for the PW. The other Kindle related entries are for families of Kindle that need their own specific treatment.

With the rate at which new models of ebook hardware appear, specific models only get their own entry if they are actually needed. This avoids the list getting unnecessarily long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duska3419 View Post
Ohhhhhh okay. See I wasn't sure because The post where I got that from the guy said he had a Kindle 3 and used the setting for Kindle 2. I have a Kindle 3 so I figured it'd be all right for mine too. Thanks for the clarification.
Just one minor correction: the "kindle" device plugin is for the original kindle, the "kindle_dx" device plugin is for the Kindle DX, and the "kindle2" device plugin is for all other models. Hence the title of that plugin is "Kindle 2/3/4/Touch/PaperWhite Device Interface".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote