View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Don, I appreciate all the work you do in making these books available. I do, however, have one suggestion. In addition to describing the history of the book, it would be helpful if you gave a few lines describing the storyline.
I haven't read this trilogy, and information is very slim on them. I did find this, however:

"John Carter of Barsoom's Greatest Rival! Meet Jason Croft of Palos, world of the star Sirius. In the years following the debut of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter, the same magazine that introduced Carter and Tarzan presented this classic sf novel of romance and adventure. Palos and its two sequels were reader favorites in the magazines - until an abridged 1960s book reprinting destroyed the author's style and the story's logic. Now for the first time ever you can read the unabridged, original text of Palos of the Dog Star Pack. And look for its two sequels."

Now, the above is from Sony's site. But that quote is taken verbatim from another site, so Sony is merely copying the information and not adding anything newsworthy about the trilogy.

I don't know if these are the Avalon editions (I owned these about 35 years ago, but never read them), or if my version (soon to-be-versions) are the original unabridged editions.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote