Thread: check spelling
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #22
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As for importing wordlists as user dictionaries, I can certainly implement that. However, in calibre a user dictionary contains not just a list of words but every word also has an associated language. Therefore, they cannot be exported as simple word lists without losing some information.
I saw the prefs.json and understand what you mean. Maybe you can add in an import dialog a possibility for choosing a language of a user dictionary. Then there is the flexibility using your optimized setting and in addition with an import functionality. For export it maybe a good idea to add this in a default filename (e.g. user_de.txt)

Quote:
I dont understand why you need to turn off dictionaries. The spell check is perfectly capable of handling multilingual documents based on the language specified in the lang HTML attribute.
Well, I try to explain it on a workflow. Germans read many translated books. These book are often using phrases or words what might be spelled correct and sometimes not. Sometimes they use colloquial words or an author makes a decision to write a word in a special way. This makes it sometimes a bit difficult to understand whether a word was spell correct or not. (Especially if a check uses a mixed language database)
I often digitize books what use these kinds of mixed things. For this my best workflow is to use only the native spelling language and in addition one specialized (user) dictionary build up only for this particular book what apply to all other used words. Sometimes I use a second one for book series what apply only to special words used in a particular series.

Anyway, I can stay as well with the current solution as I saw there is a work around possible by deleting the standard dictionaries.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote