View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #729
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I was back and forth for a long time between the Aura HD and the KPW2 as my first eInk device, but I settled on the KPW2 a few weeks ago. As much as I've derided the "ecosystem" argument in the past, Whispersync with Audible was a major selling point. I also got the KPW2 for $100, which is easier impulse buy territory than $170 or even $120. I haven't tried the Aura HD, but I suspect the newer eInk display and drivers on the KPW2 make for faster page turns and fewer refreshes (really, no noticeable refreshes), which was also a major selling point for me to adopt eInk at all. I don't know if I would have been dissatisfied with the Kobo--quite possibly, given the software quirks I've heard about--but I'm thoroughly satisfied with the KPW2 and have been reading a lot more. Granted, there may be some element of "new toy syndrome" in play.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote