View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #25
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Well, if you are exposing your XP machine to the internet you will be at risk more of course. To be honest, the support length for XP has been more than generous for an operating system.
Oh, yeah, totally! (the duration of the support). That's why I made the comment I did the other day, about the "everybody loves Apple, everybody hates Microsoft" conundrum, to my way of thinking. I'm sitting here with a first-gen iPad that's been effectively abandoned; half the apps I would use no longer run on it. Nor can they. Apple just chucked it over.

XP, on the other hand (and Office 2003) have been supported for dog's years, nearly, what, 11-13 years, or something like that? That's un-freaking-believable.

I'm not nuking my XP laptop yet, not until I can snag the Surface Pro 2 that I've been waiting (and waiting and waiting) for. (The wait for which getteth on my nerveth).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote