View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #22
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
If I download a public domain book from, say, PG, and go through it and make "improvements" and upload it to the MR library, how would any downloaders know what I'd done unless they were already familiar with the book? I could "fix" grammar and punctuation and modernize language, and who would know without careful cross-checking?
Easy since there have been automatic compare programs since the days when Unix was young.

Baen, as you may know, sells unproofed eARCs 3 months or more before publication date. Readers often run a machine compare and report anything interesting.

http://www.baenebooks.com/c-59-downl...er-copies.aspx