View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have absolutely no problems with not protecting the user from doing things that directly create invalid code. I do have a problem with the user asking the editor to perform some automated action that leads to invalid code. That is something I try to avoid as much as is reasonably possible.

Things the editor does as opposed to the user doing should try to not result in invalid code, as much as possible.
But, as it stands, the insert hyperlink already can create bad code. If the selected text includes a tag, that tag is removed. Personally, I feel the usability of using the selection as the link text outweighs the dangers involved.

A possibility is to add a field to the dialog. Put the selected text in there. Add a warning if there are any tags. The user can clear or type whatever they need.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote