View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I don't see this behavior.
Hmmm. Turns out that when I create a new library I don't either. It seems that the earliest created custom columns didn't feature such niceties as constraints or even autoincrement, here is the create statement for my first one (Words). It was probably created in 2010, my library is a bit old:
Code:
CREATE TABLE custom_column_1 (id INTEGER, book INTEGER, value int (10,10));
When I copy the problem book records to the new library (with the create custom columns option), the custom columns are created similarly to the one you show. The same happens when I copy the structure. So, the solution to my problem is simple; I just create a new library and copy all my books there.

It probably stems from the early versions of the custom column creation code. Since calibre still handles it just fine it is probably nothing to worry about, my case is probably an edge case, to say the least

Incidentally I wasn't aware of SQLiteSpy, it's by far the best free SQLite manager I've seen. Thanks!

Last edited by Man Eating Duck; 03-14-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote