View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Another possible Book List idea for the future... I expect those who retain already Read books in CC may like to see at-a-glance which books are Read and which aren't. I know you can select Read/Unread by grouping but a simple one-char field (e.g. asterisk or a tick) in a fixed column (between cover and Author/Title ???) in Book List might be nice.
If I did something like this (and I think it is a good idea) then I would use the same symbols that calibre uses: green check, red X and empty.

This would also play well with kaufman's proposal, somehow...
Quote:
Plus I'll reiterate my long-standing wish to be able to 'promote' the Comments field to be the first (after cover) on the Book Details page. Having Author and Title at the top seems a waste when I can easily read that info on the cover. As for Publisher, ISBN and Languages, if I had the option, I really don't need to see them in CC at all - but that's probably just me.
We have had several requests to be able to reorder the items in book details. There is nothing particularly hard with producing the page in different orders. The hard part is specifying them. I think I would need something like the folders dialog where all of the fields are shown and the user can move them up and down. Because of the multiple library problem (I cannot know what custom fields are available) I think that the setup must be available only from book details so that I can look at that book to get the field names.

Another thing I can do is keep a list of *every* field specification that has ever shown up on the device. This isn't too hard given that the info is buried in the metadata that calibre sends to the device. If I did this then (I think) I would need a function that scans the DB and removes any fields that are no longer there, something that would take a while for a lot of books (around 4 to 6 books per second). Doing it this way would also allow me to change the selection boxes in settings (grouping, read syncing) from "manually type" to "select from a list". Of course, things would to south rather quickly if different libraries use the same lookup key for different column types.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote