View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #47
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I don't think it's up to any of us to decide what's passable or not - it's a learning experience for us all. Katsunami may have some thoughts on this, but my take is we're going to keep working at the stories trying to make each of them the best we can, and then it's those versions that go into the final book. It would be tricky with this process for any one of us to set up as a 'commissioning editor'.
Rest assured that I won't try to prevent a story from being included. Heck, I'm writing my first story myself, and it's a "standard" Dungeons and Dragons type story, but centered on character development instead of questing. One must definitely like sword and sorcery fantasy to like this story.

I'm not going to exclude any stories. As soon as the submitter of the story is happy with it and the suggested changes are down to a matter of taste, it's fine by me.

The one thing I have found is the reason why fantasy novels tend to be long, and they tend to be series. It's fracking impossible to write short fantasy... :X At one point, I was like: "How am I going to fill 8,000 words? I'm going to need two or three or even four stories." Now I'm like: "How am I going to keep this *below* 8,000 words?"

Last edited by Katsunami; 03-11-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote