View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #154
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
Thank you and CatLady..... here am I with my bow and arrows and they are coming at me with machine guns.
Nah... no machine guns, but you are trying to define something that is undefinable, and that's been pointed out to you several times.

You could have said this:

"I want to only read books by professional authors, because I am of the opinion they are of a certain quality, as compared to self-published works."

Now you can determine (for yourself, only) what a professional author is:

"A professional author is someone who has proven his quality by getting his works published by one of the five big publishers. Many copies are sold, so they must be of good quality, or people would not buy them."

There, all done. There is YOUR line in the sand, and it's perfect, uncrossable, and non-eraseable: the authors published by the big five (or was it six?) are the real authors, all the other ones are not.

Now you can go to any book store, pick up any book by one of the five big publishers in one of the genres you like. Now, you will be 100% sure that you have a quality book, written by a real author, and therefore, you will enjoy it.

However, you must keep in mind that this is YOUR line in the sand, because I could draw the exact same line, but be on the other side, and consider those people to be authors, and still be right as well. Watch:

"I consider people who have NOT published books by one of the big five real authors. People publishing through the big five just write useless, commercial drivel that sells well. They're not authors. They just do their job. The self-pubs are doing it for the love of writing, and create original, non-mainstream works. I love that! They're real authors."

See?

This is the exact same line (the one dividing the book market between the big five and not-big five), and you are on one side stating that those people are authors, and I'm on the other side stating exactly the same about the people at my side.

Now, who's right?

We both are.

Last edited by Katsunami; 03-07-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote