View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzj View Post
1. What's the deal with collections? I hear the recent update is causing some issues. I often shut off wifi to save battery and I do like to have collections on my kindle so I'm concerned that this could be a deal breaker. Is it as bad as people say it is?
I haven't had any trouble with collections. Although, trying to modify them offline doesn't really do anything until you sync back up, and I have had the modifications not propogate, which is strange. Hasn't happened much though. Have not had any collections issues on the Android Kindle application whatsoever.

Quote:
2. I do sometimes side load books because I strongly believe in DRM free products. Are people still having issues with being unable to delete side loaded books?
I have not had any trouble removing my sideloaded Smashwords books or sideloaded books from Calibre.

Quote:
3. Is there still green and red colors in the lighting? That caused me to return the KPW1 and stick with the K4.
There are no green or red flecks of light in my Paperwhite. This is the second one that I purchased. The first one had a "hole" in a portion of the screen where the light simply shined right through it like a small ice fire crystal of death. The second unit does not have this problem. Now, maybe the green and red flecks is something idiosyncratic and I wouldn't know about it.

Also, congrats on the new Paperwhite. I like mine fairly well, hopefully you get good mileage out of it.

Last edited by Anthem; 03-04-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote