View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #83
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
...but when I attempted to read the Harry Potter books I didn't get pass chapter 3 of the first book. I have all of them waiting in my 'to be read' and have seen all the movies. I assume I will get back to book 1 some day and on to the next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
I tried one of the Harry Potter books but stories about wizards and magic are just a turn-off for me, so while they might be very good, well-written books, they just aren't to my taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
They are not.

Particularly as she gets toward the end and seemed to have rushed into publication, her writing gets worse, though for a fantasy fan, the premise and the story in and of itself is enjoyable.
The Harry Potter books are fantastic! You guys should really give them another go.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote