View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 04:42 AM   #80
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I see a lot less people using mac laptops in public places now than I did a couple of years ago. It used to be at least 50%, now it's more like 10%. That may just be coincidental. I wonder what sales for mac laptop figures are for the last five years.
Where do you see people working on laptops primarily?

In standard business settings, I've rarely seen MacBooks (except in art departments, but most of those have since been switched to PCs by IT departments).

In wifi cafes and on campuses, I've seen them quite regularly. In New York City, the average wifi cafe is (in my experience) about 75% mac laptops or ipads and 25% everything else.

In those places, I seem to be the only person who ever uses a Nexus 7 and a wireless keyboard. In fact, I nearly always use a PC laptop or a tablet in wifi cafes because my MacBook Pro is used for music. Bringing a laptop, headphones and a USB music keyboard into cafes to write music has proved to be too conspicuous.

I've done that exactly five times and, on each occasion, people interrupted me to ask questions about my setup, my music career and my music in general (or to tell me about theirs). Not the best recipe for getting work done, I've found.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 02-28-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote