View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #49
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
If you manage to downgrade, don't leave the Kindle lying around with Wi-Fi turned on (at a friend's house, for example), because it'll download the newest firmware. If there's enough battery power, it'll also install it.
Actually, there are ways to prevent this from happening once jailbroken. I can't remember them exactly--I think one is called BackdoorLock or some such? The other is a trick that doesn't require loading anything, simply creating a folder on the Kindle root with a specific name. If I can find the post on that, I'll link to it; that's the trick I used, and my PW2 has not updated despite numerous connections to wifi, included extended periods.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote