View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Any idea why there's resistance to a $1 coin? It would seem to be very sensible. After all, you've had 25c coins for goodness knows how long, and 30 or 40 years ago that had the same "buying power" as $1 does today.
See Daffy's message for the reasons I have heard from most people. We already have $1 coins and most vending machines accept them. The Mint/Govt has just continued to put off dropping the note. It was planned back as far as the 80s if I remember correctly. Now, they are even introducing the "redesigned" $1 note soon, if it didn't already happen. Just a waste of money in my opinion.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote