View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #9
Stephjk
Cruiser
Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, samsung galaxy tab note
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think this book should be required reading for everyone on the planet. It certainly takes the glory and romance out of war.
I enjoyed the book too. As an ex-military nurse I was required to treat all people in my care, during the conflicts I served in, equally according to the Geneva Convention. Maybe because of this I found it very easy to be compassionate towards the German soldiers depicted in the novel.

I think that anything that makes the reader/viewer remember that all humans are equal and deserve the same respect and consideration should be compulsory reading. Another such book that had a similar impact on me was Roots by Alex Haley.
Stephjk is offline   Reply With Quote