View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #13
NIRC
Enthusiast
NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
Embedding fonts for epub

I use InDesign 6 and am having trouble embedding fonts (which work fine in the Kindle export of InDesign).
I tried everything I could find on the web, but nothing seems to work just right. Perhaps someone has an idea. I am attaching an epub which shows up perfectly in Adobe Digital Reader 3 but not on the iPad.
I tried replacing the "obfuscated" font for RememberingKana.ttf with the full, original font and deleting the "encryption.xml" file from the META-INF folder, but then other, standard fonts don't work.
I also tried using Sigil to delete the obfuscated font, add the full one, and then encrypt it, but this didn't work either.
Any ideas?
Calibre works to conver mobi to epub, but the layout gets all messed up.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Kana (epub trial).epub (130.7 KB, 177 views)
NIRC is offline   Reply With Quote