View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #11
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
As Helen suggested, make sure you are looking at all books in your library's collection. If you search only the books that are currently available, you probably won't see a lot of the more popular books. You may need to look at the whole library collection and put some books on hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
That is my situation too, I have learned that I need to reserve books in a series with the future in mind since the popular ones have such long waiting lists. I will guess when a book is going to be available based on # of copies and # on the list and then reserve the next one in the series so that it should be available shortly after the first one, even if I am not sure I will want to continue, I can always cancel my hold if I don't care for the series or want a break.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to find something again quickly!
I do this too - as soon as I check out one book in a series, I place a hold on the next. I typically will have two or three series going at any give time; that way usually at least one book I want to read will become available soon. My library allows only five holds and four checkouts so there's a limit to the series juggling I can do.

My library has a pretty good selection, but some series have only a few books, or big gaps. Of course this works out well for the publishers - sometimes I just have to know what happens in the next book so I buy it rather than wait and hope the library will acquire it. Maybe the publishers are colluding with my library to make me buy books

Last edited by 4691mls; 01-22-2014 at 09:39 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote