View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't get what you are saying. Clearly, the library must have some books, otherwise it wouldn't be a library. In fact, it probably has a very large number of books. Most public libraries have.

As far as I can see, all you have proved is that you can draw up a list of 100 books that are not in the library. That's no surprise. I'm sure I could do the same.

The obvious solution would be to look for books to read that are in the library. That's what everyone else does - and always have. Or, look elsewhere for the books that you want to read.

By the way, most libraries will happily obtain any book for you if you put in request for it.

Mike
Take a look at JB's choice of reading matter in his "reading challenge" thread, Mike, and you'll understand why his library doesn't stock it. Not exactly mainstream books. "Mack Bolan" and "Warhammer 40000" aren't the type of books that libraries tend to stock.

JB, have you ever read any Agatha Christie? Jolly good author, and I'm sure your library has Agatha Christie books.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-22-2014 at 05:08 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote