View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #79
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
Bump. Any update on this?

And how about audio books? Are they more similar to music or books, legally speaking?
Some publishers have gone DRM free. Tor is the example that springs to mind, and they have said that they haven't seen any increase in piracy.

I'm hopeful that Tor's parent company, or perhaps another of the big publishers will realise that DRM is doing them no good, and abandon it completely. Once one does, the others will follow within 12 months.

I beleive audiobooks (except on CD, of course) mostly have DRM. I'm hopeful that this will change, but I don't really follow the audiobook market.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote