View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #51
jtt
Connoisseur
jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: PB 622, PB 623
Hi Paolo,

Quote:
your guesses are right
Just upgraded to 4.4.463 (from December 25, 2013) and, for the first time since I bought the device, I'm able to connect to my WLAN that uses static addresses (which hopefully will help a lot with development since I now don't have to copy stuff onto the device via USB). On the other hand I still can't reproduce your problem (as far as I understand it): when I open up the menu and then the "Prev.commands" sub-menu I can scroll through all the commands I entered previously all the way down the list (which I have restricted to 50 entries). That's just the behaviour I expected.

As far as I can see there are two things that could lead to the strange effects on your device. First of all, the file that stores the previous commands (system/share/pbterm/pbterm.cmd) could, for whatever reasons, have been damaged and the pbterm application doesn't deal with that gracefully. On the other hand, it might be an issue with the inkview library, i.e. that the FW version you've got installed differs from mine and has some problems. Could you help me by comparing if you also use 4.4.463? And, if they're the same, could you perhaps send me the pbterm.cmd file from your device? That would allow me tp put it onto my device and check what's happening. My email address is jt@toerring.de.

Best regards, Jens
jtt is offline   Reply With Quote