View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #686
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
K2pdfopt optimizes PDF/DJVU files for mobile e-readers (e.g. the Kindle) and smartphones. It works well on multi-column PDF/DJVU files. K2pdfopt is open source.
I have a number of image-based( scanned) PDF files which I am unable to open ( or they open extremely slowly) in my Android pad , unless I convert them to Epub, but then I can no longer control the page layout and the fonts, as I need to because the page size and the fonts have decreased in the conversion.
So I came across this k2pdfopt soiftware.

I tried it and, indeed, on the plus side, now I can finally open the file almost instantly, whereas before it would take ages to open( if it opened!). But there is a big drawback: the k2pdfopt PDF files become too huge: from the original 13 MB to 100( ONE HUNDRED!)MB!!! And I have 50 of these books to convert!

It seems I am caught in a double bind: either I can finally open and read the PDF file( with k2pdfopt) with full control but then the file file is too huge or, if I keep the smaller EPUB, file I cannot control the page layout and the fonts, as I can easily do with all the regular EPUB files.
I hear that there is a way around by converting the PDF file to TEXT or HTML and then back to PDF or EPUB, but I am a bit fuzzy on this.

How can I decrease the size of the k2pdfopt converted files? I tried the Acrobat Reader " SAVE AS " options : save as REDUCED, or OPTIMIZED PDF, but it won't work. Any comment or help on this?

Thanks

Ittiandro

Last edited by Jellby; 01-06-2014 at 04:23 AM. Reason: fix markup
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote